Tired of the same old photos? A wide angle lens will profoundly change the overall results of your photography. They provide an angle of view that’s different from the “norm”, and therefore make a wonderful addition to your stock. Wide angle lenses provide what is called as a perspective distortion. It’s this perspective distortion coupled with the wide angle of view that makes these lenses a wonderful tool. They are more expensive to manufacture so they are expensive yes…but worth it! To sum it up you can see more in the frame with a wide angle lens. It provides a depth you can not obtain with any other lens. There are some tips for newbies in the land of wide angle lenses.
Tips for Shooting with Wide Angle Lenses
- Compose your photo with a primary foreground object. This helps create a sense of depth and adds to the intensity of the wide angle.
- Try taking a photo by getting close to your subject. The results are interesting!
- The distortion created by wide angle lenses can be used creatively for some shots.
- Typically, portraits are shot with medium telephoto lenses or standard angle lenses, try using a wide angle for portraiture!
- Wide angle lenses are great for panorama photography.
- Try taking photos of children with wide angle lenses; they’re one of the best subjects for wide angle lens portraiture.
- Homes/rooms/indoors in general can be captured more with a lens like this. You see those grand looking rooms all the time in magazines or realtor sites – this is the secret!
Check out these photos Jackie took around Texas with her Wide-Angle Lens. Beautiful and unique!
Jackie’s new toy <3